You may actually be ‘dissaving’ by putting money in savings instruments

Mumbai, Apr 16 (IANS): You may not have noticed it but the actual interest rate that you are getting on your bank deposits and investments in small savings schemes has fallen into the negative territory. This means that the return on investments is not yielding any positive value but only covering for higher inflation and savings… Continue reading You may actually be ‘dissaving’ by putting money in savings instruments

‘Govt should regulate cryptocurrencies, not ban them’

New Delhi, April 16 (IANS) As government plans to come up with a Cryptocurrency Bill, sector stakeholders have said that the government should regulate the cryptocurrency ecosystem, rather than banning them. Experts are of the view that India should formulate regulations in the lines of the development countries which regulate these currencies including the US,… Continue reading ‘Govt should regulate cryptocurrencies, not ban them’

Covid restrictions to hit economic activities in Apr-Jun: Report

New Delhi, April 13 (IANS) The restrictions and partial lockdowns in several states and cities amid rising Covid-19 cases are likely to impact economic activities in the current quarter (April-June), according to a Goldman Sachs report. It said that the containment restrictions are likely to be more targeted with impact on specific services such as… Continue reading Covid restrictions to hit economic activities in Apr-Jun: Report

Amazon ‘Mentor Connect’ programme for startups launched

Bengaluru, April 11 (IANS) Amazon India on Sunday announced the launch of its “Mentor Connect” programme for thousands of startups and emerging brands. Introduced ahead of ahead of the company’s flagship event “Smbhav,” the Amazon Mentor Connect programme is aimed at accelerating the growth of start-ups and emerging brands owners enrolled in the “Amazon Launchpad”… Continue reading Amazon ‘Mentor Connect’ programme for startups launched

Infosys wins bid for ArcelorMittal’s digital transformation

Bengaluru, April 8 (IANS) Global software major Infosys on Thursday said it won a contract for digital transformation of steel maker ArcelorMittal’s IT operations. “As part of the deal, we will deliver next-generation application and business process management (BPM) services to ArcelorMittal,” the city-based firm said in a statement. Infosys will work with the London-based… Continue reading Infosys wins bid for ArcelorMittal’s digital transformation

RBI to publish Financial Inclusion Index

Mumbai, April 7 (IANS) To measure the extent of financial inclusion in the country, the Reserve Bank of India will construct and periodically publish a “Financial Inclusion Index” (FI Index). The FI Index would be based on multiple parameters and shall reflect the broadening and deepening of financial inclusion in the country, a statement on… Continue reading RBI to publish Financial Inclusion Index

Inflation focused RBI now moves to absorb excess liquidity

Mumbai, April 7 (IANS) With an eye on inflation and surplus liquidity in the system, the RBI on Wednesday decided to conduct variable rate reverse repo (VRRR) auctions of longer maturity. The apex bank had recommenced VRRR auctions since January 15, 2021 but the tenor had been shorter at 14 days. The fresh long duration… Continue reading Inflation focused RBI now moves to absorb excess liquidity

71.7% off all payment transactions in India to be digital by 2025

Mumbai, March 31 (IANS) By 2025, digital payments collectively in India would account for 71.7 per cent of overall payments volume, leaving cash and cheques at 28.3 per cent, said a new report on Wednesday. In 2020, the transaction volume share in India stood at 15.6 per cent and 22.9 per cent for instant payments… Continue reading 71.7% off all payment transactions in India to be digital by 2025

62% of employees happier when working remotely: Survey

New Delhi, March 26 (IANS) As parts of the world open up and hybrid work becomes a reality amid the pandemic, about 62 per cent of employees said working remotely makes them happier, according to a new survey on Friday. About 56 per cent of employees said they are more productive when working remotely and… Continue reading 62% of employees happier when working remotely: Survey

Heat stress may hurt Indian manufacturing: Researchers

New Delhi, Mar 25 (IANS): Hotter years have been routinely linked with reduced economic output in the developing countries, and one reason is that people are less productive at work and are more likely to be absent on hot days, a new research showed on Thursday . The aggregate effects are large enough to significantly reduce… Continue reading Heat stress may hurt Indian manufacturing: Researchers